Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summertime at Mckinley Park



While I am working on art journal pages and another watercolor painting, I haven't been able to post anything new on my blog. So I thought I would share an oil painting I did a few years ago.
While Nora was a young girl, we lived a block away from this wonderful park.
With a fantastic playground and a duck pond, this park had a lot to offer. We spent many a day here and we both have many fond memories of Mckinley Park.
Painting this park with oil paint was a new experience for me and being out on location brought new challenges. For one week, I came at the same time of day and captured the way the light fell on the water and the ground.
I hope with this painting you are able to get an idea of the beauty of this place and the magic it has to offer people of all ages.

1 comment:

  1. the light on the path makes the ground ripple like water and that is magic

    ReplyDelete